Amidst economic ups and downs, Alberta’s small-to-medium-sized business sector continues to thrive and grow. At Capital Insurance Brokers, we offer a variety of commercial property insurance and general liability insurance lines for Alberta businesses. With over 30 years of experience in helping Alberta businesses, our brokers are committed to finding the best way to fulfill your commercial insurance needs.
You’ve Worked Hard to Build Your Business
Make Sure It’s Properly Protected
Creating and managing a business is a huge investment. Don’t let your time, money and energy go to waste by not carrying a proper commercial insurance policy for your business. Commercial insurance is meant to protect you, your company and your employees from the long list of risks out there that could threaten your ability to do business.
Specialized Business Coverage
As commercial insurance specialists, our team can help assess and manage your business risks, including coverage for:
- Property loss
- Employee theft
- Physical damage from fire, weather and flood
- Legal liability for business-related injuries
- Product liability
- Loss of key persons or partners
Customizable Coverage for Businesses of All Sizes
At Capital Insurance, our goal is to bring peace of mind to those who help our community grow. This is why our primary focus is to help small and medium-sized business owners avoid financial setbacks. When your business grows, we’ll be there to ensure it is protected every step of the way.
Across All Industries
Our specialists are versed in all kinds of commercial property and liability insurance, including but not limited to:
- General and sub-contractors: construction, renovation, janitorial services, electricians, carpenters, welders, flooring contractors, and demolition
- Professional services: accountants, architects, engineers, lawyers, medical staff, insurance agents, travel agents, property management companies, and consultants
- Commercial buildings: course of construction, builder’s risk, retail space, office buildings, sports and recreational facilities, and apartment buildings
- Hospitality: restaurants, bars, pubs, breweries, cafes, bed and breakfasts, hotels, motels, liquor stores, and clubs
- Retail: gift shops, clothing stores, gas stations, convenience stores, supermarkets, grocery stores, pharmacies, florists, and furniture stores
- Beauty and leisure: nail salons, hair stylists, eyelash studios, dance studios, fitness studios, beauty salons, spas, and dental clinics
Business Insurance FAQs
If your building is vacant or unoccupied, there could be an increased risk to vandalism, theft, water damage and fire. Be sure to contact your broker immediately should your premises be unoccupied.
Here are some tips to help protect your business while it is vacant or temporarily unoccupied:
- Check the building at least twice a day. We recommend that all visits are documented.
- Activate alarm systems.
- Shut off main water valve.
- Ensure that the heat is on and operational.
- Maintain normal lighting for both interior and exterior.
Unfortunately, home insurance does not cover claims that are related to your business. It is important that home-based businesses have a policy that covers for those business operations. Common coverages include general liability insurance and business property insurance. General liability covers for damages to the business property, or lawsuits in the case that a customer is injured on your premises. Business property insurance could cover the cost of repairs for damages to your home.
There are commercial policies that can cover for damages resulting from overland flooding. Speak to your broker today to see what kind of options are available.
Chat With A Broker
Not sure what kind of insurance you need for your business? Give us a call! Our brokers can help manage your liabilities with the right business insurance and will work with you to design a policy that fits your needs.