Get a quote from our local Edmonton brokers to understand the costs and coverages available for your house, condo or apartment.
Working with Alberta Homeowners Since 2005
At Capital Insurance Brokers, our brokers understand that having the right insurance coverage when the need arises is very important for you and your family. Whether you need a policy for your house, condo, rental property, tenancy, or apartment, our number one priority is to put together the right insurance package at the right cost.
As a member of the Insurance Brokers Association of Alberta (IBAA) and representing several top-rated national insurance carriers, our brokers have been working hard for Edmonton homeowners and tenants since 2005.
Click below to start a quote for various types of home and property insurance:
Your home insurance policy will ensure that your largest investment is protected against losses from events such as fire, vandalism, severe weather and more. Your policy will also cover the personal belongings in your home, and offer liability protection in case someone is injured on your property.
Our team at Capital will help you find the level of coverage you need for your home, including:
- Dwelling coverage for repair or rebuilding
- Personal property coverage
- Liability insurance
- Housing and living expenses during major damage repairs
Our plans can be customized to make sure you have the coverage that you need. Above basic coverage, there are many options available to enhance your home insurance policy, including:
- Guaranteed replacement
- Identity theft protection
- Additional personal property
- Water damage/sewer backup
Save on Home Insurance
Capital Insurance Brokers wants to help you get the best value on your home insurance policy, regardless of the size of your home, who you are or where you live. Your dedicated broker will work with you and your family over the years to create an individual home insurance policy that meets your needs and saves you money. As we believe that having a strong relationship with our clients is the foundation to a robust risk management strategy, all of our brokers have direct lines, direct emails and voicemail.
Home Insurance FAQs
Yes. If your car was stolen with some of your personal property inside, your home insurance will cover the cost of those missing items. Coverage may even be extended to your watercraft or RV. Your policy also provides liability coverage in the case that someone is injured while on your premises, or when you unintentionally injure someone or damage their property.
Home insurance is not mandatory. However, if there is a mortgage on it, the bank or lender will often require an active home insurance policy, and that they be named on it to protect their investment.
Depending on the cause of the damage, some policies may cover for a leaky roof and foundation repairs. Mold is not covered under a homeowner’s policy.
- The location, age, and condition of your home.
- If your home is built for or used by a single or multiple families.
- Age and type of systems inside your home (ie. plumbing, heating, electricity).
- Proximity to fire-fighting support.
- If there are business operations being carried out from your home.
- How much protection and the type of coverage you want.
- Your credit rating, claims history and discount eligibility.
Your premium is determined by several factors, however, there are actions you can take to reduce your premium while also protecting your home.
- Bundling your home and auto policies can help lower your premium.
- Paying your premium annually can help avoid service fees and interest charges.
- Evaluate your coverage annually to ensure that your coverage reflects the current value and condition of your home. Be sure to also take into account of major improvements or purchases.
- Perform regular maintenance to your roofing, plumbing, electrical and heating systems.
- Implement preventative measures like an alarm system, main line backwater valves, water sensors, alarmed sump pumps, and tankless water heaters.
Here are some of the discounts you may be eligible for:
- Age discount
- Alarm discount
- Claims-free discount
- Deductible discount
- Loyal client discount
- Mortgage-free discount
- New home discount
- Multi-policy discount