Rented Dwelling

Insurance for Your Rented Dwelling in Edmonton

If you are renting a house or condo, you are responsible for the care of the property. If you do not have tenant’s insurance, you can be held liable for any bodily harm or property damage that occurs. Many property managers require renters to carry insurance as part of their rental agreement; yet, it is always a good idea to carry renter’s insurance just in case something unexpected occurs.

In Edmonton and the rest of Alberta, your landlord’s insurance will not cover loss or damage to your personal belongings, such as computers, electronics, jewellery, furniture, or other possessions in the event of a fire, flood, or theft.

Without tenant insurance for your rented dwelling, you face risks associated with many common events such as:

  • Personal Injuries (Slip and Falls)
  • Content Damage (Flood, Fire, etc.)
  • Fire from Faulty Appliances
  • Replacement of Damaged Items

In a house or condo that is rented to tenants constructed for rental purposes, regardless of who finances the structure, the advantages of insurance for rented dwellings include:

  • Living Expenses for Temporary Housing
  • Liability Coverage for Property Damage
  • Personal Property Coverage


Get a Free Quote

Don’t just get insurance, find peace of mind — get a free, no-obligation quote by calling Capital Insurance Brokers!