As an architect, you have a lot on your plate. You are responsible for drafting designs and creating plans for buildings and homes so that people can live comfortably. Not only do you need to be concerned with the aesthetics of a building or home, but you also need to ensure that it is structurally sound. Capital Insurance Brokers is here to ensure that your designs and plans are covered to protect you and your business.
What Is Architect Insurance?
In addition to making sure that all of your clients’ needs are met when they hire an architect, there are additional tasks that come along with the job title itself, such as registration requirements and liability insurance policies.
Architect Insurance is a type of professional liability insurance that protects architects and engineers. It covers claims of negligence, failure to comply with building codes, copyright infringement, breach of contract and more.
What Does Architect Insurance Cover?
Architect Insurance protects you from lawsuits, errors and omissions and other risks that architects face.
While Architect Insurance isn’t a substitute for professional liability or errors and omissions coverage, it does provide some protection against claims arising out of the services provided by an architect.
Architects may be held liable if they don’t follow the law when designing buildings.
For example, if an architect designs a building with inadequate fire sprinklers or fails to include smoke detectors in the design plans, someone could sue him/her over injuries that occur as a result of this oversight.
This is why having a tailored Architect Insurance solution is vital to protecting you and your business!
Architect Insurance is a comprehensive insurance package that covers a range of liabilities, such as:
- Professional Liability Insurance: This coverage will protect you from mistakes that can happen during any phase of the project. Also known as E&O (errors and omissions) insurance, this coverage is essential for architects and can protect you against financial losses due to errors, negligence, and failure to deliver a service.
- Commercial General Liability Insurance: CGL insurance, also known as slip-and-fall insurance, covers you if a third party claims bodily injury or property damage while on your business property.
- Cyber Liability Insurance: Cyber Liability Insurance can protect your business or firm from risks related to information technology, such as client data or architectural plans stored on computers. It covers data breaches, information leaks and theft, and the cost of covering a computer systems outage.
Talk to one of our expert brokers today to ensure you are getting the right insurance protection for your profession. We will take the time to understand your unique needs and risks to provide a tailored policy and additional protections that fit your business.
Who Needs Architect Insurance?
- Residential Architects
- Commercial Architects
- Restoration and Landscape Architects and Engineers
- Architectural Designers
- Architectural Engineers
- Negligent design
- Unstable site
- Design errors
- Failure to comply with building codes violations
- 3rd party injury and property damage
Get Your Free Architect Insurance Quote Now!
Architect Insurance is an important and necessary part of protecting your business. It can protect you from lawsuits, lost profits, legal fees and more.
Capital Insurance can help you invest in the right coverage so that you don’t have to worry about any of these things happening unexpectedly.
Click here for more information or to start your free quote!