Commercial Sales Producer
Capital Insurance Brokers is a full-service, independent insurance brokerage located in Edmonton, Alberta. We are a rapidly growing agency looking for a full-time, experienced, sharp, professional Commercial Sales Producer to join our team.
Capital Insurance Brokers was founded in 2005 and is headquartered at 13141 156 ST NW, Edmonton AB. We currently have two other sub brokerages in Alberta with two more opening in 2018. Our growth has been largely due to our strong relationships with several valuable insurance partners and MGAs as well as a focus using technology to augment the abilities of our sales and service staff.
We also pride ourselves on being able to recognize and maximize potential in our employees – two of our sub brokerages were started by employees that began careers with us as front-line personal lines CSRs.
Roles and Responsibilities
- To be responsible for the development and acquisition of new business revenue from new and existing clients.
- Prospect sectors or market areas by identifying business needs and proposing company products and services.
- Obtain prospects and actively pursue and create interest via telephone, networking, and other lead sources.
- Build and retain a profitable business by providing effective, quality service to policyholders.
- Complete and review all applications, renewal requests and endorsements for adherence to underwriting authority and guidelines established by the company carriers.
We are offering:
- A home base at our head office located at 13141 156 ST NW, Edmonton AB. We are normally open 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
- A commission-based structure with high earnings potential, great benefits, and the possibility of starting your own sub brokerage within Alberta.
- Access to a wide range of standard personal and commercial lines markets as well as MGAs.
- Full systems support and training.
- Access to our data entry and internal auditing and bookkeeping team.
What we are looking for:
- At minimum, a level 2 General Insurance License with 2 years of experience in a business development role within a general broker or insurance agency and extensive experience in small business and mid-market commercial lines.
- Proven track record in sales and demonstrated commitment to service excellence with a professional client-service manner.
- A relationship builder with deep networks within multiple groups.
- Self-starter, dedicated, flexible, and dependable.
- Strong computer skills are essential; high level of accuracy, adaptability to change, ability to learn new programs quickly as well as superior keyboarding skills are essential.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please email your resume along with a cover letter explaining why you are perfect for this role to: firstname.lastname@example.org attention Jack.
We thank all interested candidates for applying, however, only those selected will be contacted.